25.2.13

























We've been collecting some prints from the flea market down the way.  I finally got them framed this month.

So. Barry brought his drill to our last team meeting and instructed us in the marvelous, tricky ways of drilling holes in our walls  (thank you Barry!), and my whole collection is hung . . . even the empty frame where I intend to place that crazy cute wedding picture of Jim and Ginny as soon as they send it to me (ha! as if my amazing mother in law didn't have anything better to do than to sift through boxes of pictures to find the exact print that I have my heart set on!)

I think that this is the first time in 8 years that I have hung art on our walls (A classy person I know tells me that taped-up pictures don't really count)

I'm ecstatic . . . and inspired
who knows!?  the next time we have a guest stay in our guest room, I might have the curtains sewn into place instead of pinned!









8 comments:

  1. How awesome! You are really settling in, then! Yay! for cozy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes! this definitely makes me feel more settled!

      Delete
  2. can't wait for the final picture! and, go Joshua! cheering on the team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love that you are making this home...the drilling makes it more so, doesn't it? what is it about that that does?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's that drilling is just so . . . permanent (at least that's my theory!)

      Delete
  4. You know I have the same problem. Trouble committing. Trouble deciding. Trouble getting around to it. I follow this gal and her decorating philosophy: www.thenester.com Her motto, "It doesn't have to be perfect to be beautiful."
    I absolutely love your collage of prints! Yay for you for doing it. I bet it looks awesome on the wall.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that's going to look so good naomi!

    ReplyDelete