19.9.13



Pozole:
first you choose your broth (red? or white?)
next, you add your shredded meat (do you want pork or chicken?)
then you pile it high with condiments (I take my pozole with shredded lettuce, radishes, onion and lime)
make sure to ask for seconds (otherwise you might offend the cook)

I took this picture at our Independence day party. The party was fantastic. But. I only took pictures of food. You would understand if you had been there. (Look here or here, though, for some pictures from friends who are quicker with their cameras than I was.) 

9 comments:

  1. Pozole parties are the best! I love that everyone can create their own special bowl. Mi suegra made pozole for our daughter's first birthday party and it was a big hit.

    Great pictures---looks like y'all had a proper celebration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are right! it is like a personalize-able soup! (and - hurrah for pozole making suegras!)

      Delete
  2. Now all I need are the broth recipes and meat seasoning suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm working on getting the perfect recipe . . . I'll pass it on once I've got it! ;)

      Delete
    2. Perfect! I'll be waiting (somewhat) patiently :).

      Delete
  3. this looks SO good! seriously, I'm sitting on the couch eating chocolate and it's just not doing anything for me. I want some of your pozole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and I want some of your chocolate; you should come over!

      Delete
  4. I would love the recipe for the red broth. please.

    ReplyDelete